Tuesday, November 24, 2009

But I love to Sniff!!!!!!

Tomorrow night I entered the Training Troops Wee Wednesday trial. I've entered Hunter in Starters Standard and starters Snooker. I've entered Trapper in Advanced Snooker! For the last year I've really concentrated on Trappers training and trialing as he really enjoys it and does really well at agility!
Hunter is my happy go lucky, fly by the seat of her pants kind of agility dog. She doesn't love agility - at all. She does it for me and because I'm out there running and she wants to be with me. She's a hunting dog. If we trial in a barn and there's smells out there she'll go find them. Don't get me wrong - when Hunter is on and focused - she's dynamite! She's even won a few "Top Dog" awards at a few trials in the past.
Tomorrow night is a good test for her as the barn we will be in has had a lot of horses in it recently and we'll see if there are little "treats" left behind from them! I would love to enter Hunter in Regionals next June to try and qualify for Nationals so I'm going to enter her in a few trials here and there over the next few months and see where she's at! There's no pressure for her at all because I just want her to enjoy herself when she's out there! I never correct her during a run as she's very sensitive and usually shuts down. She has also always had problems with her weaves! She'll pop at 10 - not everytime - but a lot of times!!
So - tomorrow with be a great test for her with sniffing and the weaves! We'll see how she does!

No comments:

Post a Comment